- WordPress (content management system vs. HTML)
- Easy to update static content
- Built-in “New” feature articles with Posts
- Genesis framework by StudioPress is rock-solid
- Site design is responsive to provide optimal viewing on desktop computer monitors, tablets and mobile phones
- online resources
- wpbeginner – excellent WordPress written and video tutorials
- WordPress Code Reference – WordPress’ functions, classes, methods, and hooks
- Genesis for Beginners (pdf)
- Other free and pay tutorials
- WPEngine is an excellent, dedicated WordPress host. The website files are on their servers. WP Engine is secure. Site files on the Live site and Staging area are automatically backed up every day.
- WP Engine Online Support
- How to update plugins, themes and WordPress core files
- WP Engine Staging environment for development & testing
G Suite for Nonprofits
WAWH’s account is free.
Need to decide which Board members want to use an organizational email address so their accounts can be created. (Current Users – Executive Director, Conference Program, others….
- Board member email is transferable to new board members
- ExecutiveDirector@, Conference Program@, web@
- Other advantages of G Suite
- Option to setup WAWH Google+ account
G Suite online Training Materials
WAWH’s MailChimp account is setup. Use: up to 12,000 emails to up to 2,000 subscribers per month.
Mailchimp will be used to create, send and track email newsletters to members, the board, etc.
Mailchimp Knowledge Base (self-service support)
Technical questions? Contact Susan Kullmann @ DoctorGeek
last updated February 21, 2020