WAWH @ The Big Berks 2023
For our 55th Annual meeting, the Western Association of Women Historians will gather during the triennial Berkshire Conference of Women Historians meeting in Santa Clara, California, June 28-July 2nd. There are several ways for our members to meet and connect:
Attend the annual membership meeting. The WAWH annual membership meeting will be held on Thursday, June 29th at 4 pm. All are welcome. Hybrid access will be available. The President will chair this meeting and will share announcements and action items. The Book Exhibit and the Berks opening reception (at 5 pm) are also taking place that day, so members have plenty of great reasons to attend the conference on day 1!
Executive Board members only: our meeting is Thursday June 29th at 3 pm. Hybrid available. Members will hear more from the President closer to the event.
Attend the awards luncheon. The WAWH awards luncheon will be held Saturday, July 1, noon-2 pm. There is no extra cost to attend the luncheon. At this event you can view the displays and vote for the winner of the Betsy Perry Graduate Student Digital Project prize. There is a check box in the Berks online registration form for you to indicate your attendance.
Attend a WAWH sponsored panel. The conference program will have a full listing of sponsored panels.
Special reminders to graduate students:
- Those who are presenting papers at the Berks should be sure to submit to the Carol Gold Prize (our conference paper award).
- There is plenty of time to create a project for the Perry award which will be displayed and voted on at our luncheon (separately from the “regular” conference).
- Some travel monies are available to facilitate Berkshire Conference participation for graduate students. Contact Pamela Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In order to participate in the WAWH in-person events, please register for the Berkshire conference. Registration is now open! All meal costs, including for our luncheon, are included with your registration. Watch this site for regular updates!
See you in June!
Founded in 1969, the Western Association of Women Historians (WAWH) is the largest regional women’s historical association in the United States. WAWH holds an annual spring conference for the presentation of scholarly work, new research, the discussion of teaching methods, writing, and other issues of importance to women scholars.
All presenters must be WAWH members. Attendees will receive a discounted registration rate. If you need to renew or purchase a membership, use this secure online form. Not sure if your membership is current? Send Pamela Stewart, our Executive Director, an email!
2023 Conference FAQs
Please visit our Conference FAQs for information about:
- Responsibilities of digital project/poster presenters.
- Key presenter do’s and don’ts.
- Funding for graduate students.
- How teachers/faculty/professors can make WAWH a good experience, especially for graduate students.
- If you have a problem during the conference.
- Tweeting at the conference.
- WAWH policy on harassment and inclusion.
- How to get more involved in WAWH.
If you have any unanswered questions, please contact our Executive Director, Pamela Stewart.