2021 Conference –
- The 53rd Annual Western Association of Women Historians Conference will be held online on April 22–24, 2021.
- This will be WAWH’s first virtual conference, and we look forward to gathering as a community for dynamic discussion and conversations on all fields, regions, and periods of history. The conference will be hosted on the virtual platform Nooks. All conference materials and events will be within this platform.
- Our Program Committee has put together an exciting program for this year’s conference, which also features a keynote conversation with Shirley N. Weber, California’s Secretary of State!
Founded in 1969, the Western Association of Women Historians (WAWH) is the largest regional women’s historical association in the United States. WAWH holds an annual spring conference for the presentation of scholarly work, new research, the discussion of teaching methods, writing, and other issues of importance to women scholars.
- Register for the conference now using this online form!
- In light of the financial hardships so many have suffered over the past year (as well as the online format of this year’s conference), registration rates have been lowered for the 2021 conference: just $20 for WAWH members and $10 for WAWH members who are current undergraduate or graduate students.
- Presenters must register for the conference by Thursday April 8, 2021. For all other attendees, the registration deadline is Monday April 19, 2020. Please note that, unlike our in-person conferences, day-of (“on-site”) registration will NOT be available this year, due to the time required to get conference attendees set up with our virtual conference platform.
All presenters must be WAWH members. Attendees will receive a discounted registration rate. If you need to renew or purchase a membership, use this secure online form. Not sure if your membership is current? Send Sarah Gold McBride, our Executive Director, an email!
WAWH Membership, 2020-2021
Members of the Western Association of Women Historians receive lower conference rates. Membership for the 2020-2021 membership year makes the member eligible for the 2021 WAWH awards and prizes and to present at the 2021 WAWH conference. A three-year membership makes the member eligible to apply for awards or to present through the 2023 conference.
To initiate a new membership, renew your membership or gift a membership please use this online form.
2021 Conference FAQs
Please visit our Conference FAQs for information about:
- How to access and use our online conference platform, Nooks.
- Responsibilities of presenters, chairs, moderators, and poster presenters.
- Key presenter do’s and don’ts.
- Funding for graduate students.
- How teachers/faculty/professors can make WAWH a good experience, especially for graduate students.
- If you have a problem during the conference.
- Tweeting at the conference.
- WAWH policy on harassment and inclusion.
- How to get more involved in WAWH.
If you have any unanswered questions, please contact our Executive Director, Sarah Gold McBride.